Electrical Fire in West Fargo Home?
Faulty Electrical Outlet in West Fargo?
SERVPRO® of Fargo responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in West Fargo, and we have seen many instances where faulty electrical issues were the cause of the fire damage. Here are some electrical safety tips from the National Association of Fire Protection (NFPA) to keep safety in mind while using electricity:
· Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician
· Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
· Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet
· Extension cords and plug strips should not be used
· Ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI’s) shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and basements.
· All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected
· Test GFCI’s once a month according to manufacturer’s recommendations
· Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use
· Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets so you don’t have to use extension cords
· Use a light bulb with the right number of watts
West Fargo. Call us today at 701-232-2455.
SERVPRO of Fargo is Independently Owned and Operated.