Chimney Fire Damage in West Fargo?
West Fargo Needs to Know!
More fires happen in December, January, and February than at any other time of the year. SERVPRO® of Fargo offers these heating equipment safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional
- Never use your oven to heat your home
- Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment, water heaters, or central heating equipment according to the local codes and manufacturer’s instructions
- Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed
- Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel-burning space heaters
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks from flying into the room. Ashes should be cool before putting them in a metal container. Keep the container a safe distance away from your home.
- Install wood-burning stoves following the manufacturer’s instructions or have a professional do the installation. All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
- Install and maintain CO alarms to avoid the risk of CO poisoning. If you smell gas in your gas heater, do not light the appliance. Leave home immediately and call your local fire department or gas company.
SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to assist you with fire damage in West Fargo. Call us today at 701-232-2455.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.