Frozen Pipes in West Fargo?
If you’re one of the many local West Fargo businesses participating in Frostival this winter, the last thing you need is a frozen pipe. SERVPRO® of Fargo offers this information from the Institute of Business and Home Safety, as frozen pipes are a leading source of property damage during severe winter weather. Here are their recommendations for reducing your risk of damage:
- Seal openings and penetrations:Seal all windows, doors, and other openings on exterior walls with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating wall cavities
- Seal cracks and penetrations: Seal all wall cracks and penetrations, including domestic and fire protection lines, electrical conduit, and other utility service lines
- Insulate and seal attic penetrations:Insulate and seal attic penetrations such as partition walls, vents, plumbing stacks, and electric and mechanical chases
- Run faucets:Let all faucets drip during extremely cold weather to prevent freezing of the water inside the pipe, and if freezing does occur, to relieve pressure buildup in the pipes between the ice blockage and the faucet
- Insulate pipes
- Insulate recessed light fixtures
- Install an automatic excess flow switch
- Monitor sprinkler systems
- Provide backup power
Call Us Today!
When your West Fargo commercial business or home has a frozen pipe problem or another form of property damage, SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 701-232-2455.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.