Fire Prevention Safety Tips for Fargo Children and Families?
Children are naturally curious about fire, so they need to learn fire safety rules early. Our local team in Fargo restores fire damage throughout the year in Fargo. Here are some fire safety tips for families and children from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children, up high, preferably in a locked cabinet
- Closely supervise children, making sure that they are kept away from other fire sources, including lit candles, cigarettes, bonfires, and stoves
- Explain that fire moves very fast and can hurt as soon as it touches them. Tell them that this is why matches and lighters are tools for adults only.
- Teach young children never to touch matches or lighters. They must tell a grown-up when matches or lighters are found.
- Establish clear rules and consequences about unsupervised and unauthorized uses of fire
- Be a good example! Always use fire sources — matches, lighters, candles, fireplaces, and campfires — in a safe manner. Never treat them as toys, or children may imitate you.
- Talk with children about what their friends or other children are doing with fire. What do they see online in video games, TV, movies, and social media? Teach them specific ways to resist the peer pressure to misuse fire.
- Give praise for showing respect and age-appropriate responsible behavior toward fire
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your Fargo home or commercial business, our local team in Fargo is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 701-232-2455.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.