Fire Extinguisher Operation Tips for Fargo.
Every Minute Counts
Fire extinguishers are a great tool to have in a fire safety and escape plan for any home or business. SERVPRO® of Fargo has responded to many fire damage emergencies over the years, and in many cases, fire damage and injury were minimized through the use of a fire extinguisher, quick action, and having a good emergency escape plan in place. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
NFPA Safety tips
- Use a portable fire extinguisher when the fire is confined to a small area, such as a wastebasket, and is not growing; everyone has exited the building; the fire department has been called or is being called, and the room is not filled with smoke.
- To operate a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you, and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side.
SERVPRO of Fargo is Independently Owned and Operated.