Winter Storm Safety Tips for West Fargo?
West Fargo residents have been relying on SERVPRO® of Fargo to restore storm damage for years. Here are some tips from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for staying warm and safe during a power outage.
- Some gas-fueled heaters, such as vent-less gas fireplaces, require some ventilation. Otherwise, if you don’t need extra ventilation, keep as much heat as possible inside your home.
- Avoid unnecessarily opening doors or windows
- Close off unneeded rooms
- Stuff towels or rags in cracks under doors
- Close draperies or cover windows with blankets at night
- Generators should be located at least twenty feet from any window, door, or vent and in a space where rain and snow will not reach them
- Protect yourself from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning by installing a battery-operated CO detector
- Never use generators, gas or charcoal grills, camp stoves, or similar devices inside your home, in basements, in garages, or near windows. The fumes are deadly.
- Plug in appliances to the generator using individual heavy-duty, outdoor-rated extension cords
- Do not use the generator or appliances if they are wet
- Do not store gasoline indoors where the fumes could ignite
Call Us Today!
When your West Fargo home or commercial business needs help with storm damage, SERVPRO® of Fargo has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to assist you. Call us today at 701-232-2455.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.